Guess Who Saw The President

by Cubby on November 12, 2012 · 12 comments

It’s odd the way life works.

On Friday my husband Greg and I went to the White House for a tour and didn’t see the President. But on Sunday we went to Arlington National Cemetery to pay our respects and to get some exercise by walking the perimeter, and who do we see but President Obama himself.

Not my photo, but its a fair and accurate representation of the scene we stumbled upon at Arlington National Cemetery.

We mistakenly thought all of the Veteran’s Day ceremonies were going to take place today, Monday, the official holiday, rather than on Sunday. We thought the crowds would be at the cemetery on Monday and we could avoid all of that by going Sunday.

We were wrong. The place was packed.

We fought to get off the Metro train and out of the train station and in to the cemetery. As we were walking down the long driveway a bunch of police on motorcycles with their lights flashing stopped all the traffic. We couldn’t imagine what was going on since the President was supposed to be there Monday, not Sunday. It only took a moment to figure out we were wrong about the day and that the President was there and his motorcade was about the pass by us.

It was pretty cool really. Two armored limos followed by 3-4 big black SUVs. The President was in the second limo. He waved at me. I waved back. He was about 8 feet from me as he rode by.

I swear I saw him mouth the words “I love you Cubby”, followed by “Call me”, but I could be mistaken. Perhaps he was saying “Get the hell out of the street, you idiot”. It all happened so fast.

Tell me, have any of you ever had an unexpected encounter with someone famous?

The cemetery has dozens of sections that look just like this. The place is immense.

Buddy Bear November 12, 2012 at 6:30 am

Very exciting! I’m voting for the “I love you Cubby!” comment. We all know that he wants you….

Cubby November 12, 2012 at 7:23 am

This wasn’t the first time I saw the Presidential motorcade. You may recall a couple of years ago when I was on my Spo-Shirt World Tour I had another very close encounter with the President. In fact, I suspect that’s when he first fell in love with me. Or was it the shirt? Anyway, here are the details of that previous adventure: http://www.patentlyqueer.com/2010/10/08/seven-days-of-spo-day-seven/

anne marie in philly November 12, 2012 at 6:31 am

lucky you! nope, have never had an unexpected encounter with someone famous.

Bob Slatten November 12, 2012 at 7:48 am

Interesting story, but, are you sure it wasn’t you mouthing the words, “I love you. Call me.” as the motorcade drifted by?
Just sayin’, cuz that’s what I’d do!

Sean November 12, 2012 at 11:08 am

I’ve met a few, the best was Wonder Woman herself, Lynda Carter. SOOOOO beautiful in person and very pleasant. I sold her over $1,000 worth of sunglasses.

Are you planning are going to the Inauguration parade?

Cubby November 12, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Yes I want to attend the parade, but I don’t know the details yet.

Will J November 12, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he was probably overwhelmed by the magnificence of the Travelling Spo Shirt.

Nevertheless, you have met real Internet Royalty – The Jeep Guy!

Cubby November 12, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Wait a minute, it couldn’t have been the shirt because I was naked at the time and under the covers in his bed on Air Force One.

Frank November 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Good Afternoon, very exciting to the President. I saw his Motorcade twice here in the Virginia Beach area. Once was on the opposite side of I 64, second was by a Hospital I work at as he was going to give a speech. That was exciting. I was born in Alexandria VA, and lived there until I was a teenager.

wondermann November 12, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I’m jealous

Jay M. November 12, 2012 at 6:57 pm

HAHAHAHA, very cool…I wrote about this exact subject not long ago (http://jayinva.blogspot.com/2012/09/do-you-know-anyone-famous.html)!

I’ve been within 5 feet of Nancy Reagan, and some fairly famous generals.

Kind of gives you a rush, doesn’t it?

Peace <3
Jay

Urspo November 12, 2012 at 11:34 pm

he said call Spo.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: