That’s right, it was the lovely Anne Marie from Philly!
Last weekend was one of my 3-day weekends, and we arranged it with Anne Marie to come pay us a visit. We had lots of fun. Here are some highlights…
- showing her our apartment (she used to live here in northern Virginia and has even been in our apartment building before!)
- visiting our favorite Mom & Pop restaurant
- drinking cosmos (Sean’s recipe, thank you xoxoxo)
- teaching me how to bake a cake from scratch while mixing drinks and watching Polyester
- drinking more cosmos
- checking out some of Anne Marie’s old haunts around town
- going to Dupont Circle and peeking at the boys
- finding a rare book at Secondhand Books signed by a bunch of famous people (can’t tell you more than that for reasons you’ll find out later)
- walking around the surrounding neighborhood checking out some cool embassies and old hotels
- spending some time at Eastern Market (farmer’s market and flea market)
- riding the hell out of the subway (oops, sorry Blobby, I mean Metro)
- stopping at ABC to pick up more triple sec
- drinking more cosmos (before, during, and after dinner)
- cooking up a storm at our apartment and eating a big homecooked meal
- having brunch at an old-fashioned diner with a singing cook!
- and finally seeing her off at a very busy Union Station in Washington
Thank you for a wonderful weekend, girrrrl!!
[Photographic evidence follows...]